If you want a solid stand up paddle board that will serve you well on flat water, then the BIC Sport ACE-TEC Wahine Stand-Up Paddleboard is a great choice. It is perfect for SUP beginners, but also good for those who have some SUP skills as well. Basically, BIC Sport makes high quality stand up paddle boards that are good for paddle boarders of all skill levels, this one board included.
What I like about this board is that you can order it in two different sizes and it has a really appealing design. It performs well when you are out in the water and it seems like a very durable board that is designed to last for many years.
When it comes to cost, this board is slightly more than most entry level hard stand up paddle boards, but still a good SUP under $1000. Plus, if you order it online you get a discounted sale price that is much lower. And free shipping to your door is included!
As long as you have a place large enough to store a rigid stand up paddle board like this, then I completely recommend that you consider this model when you do your comparison shopping.
BIC Sport ACE-TEC Wahine Stand-Up Paddleboard Features
Since I have already clued you in about what a great buy this solid stand up paddle board is for water sports enthusiasts like yourself, let me share some of its features with you. Here’s a look at the top features real quick:
- Standup paddleboard with smooth outline and progressive bottom contours
- Epoxy thermoformed construction with ASA outer skin for additional ding resistance
- Fully convertible 2+1 FCS fin configuration adjust to either surf or flat-water conditions
- Premium diamond-groove EVA deck pad; integrated ergo-grip carrying handle
- Balanced rocker profile; available in 9′ 6″ and 10′ 6″ lengths
- A Premium Epoxy Performance SUP board without the Premium price in 2 Sizes available to suit the needs of paddlers of all sizes and abilities
- ACE-TEC = Proprietary BIC Sport Advanced Composite Engineered – Thermoformed Epoxy Construction for 30% more durability than traditional performance boards without sacrificing stiffness or weight
- Light weight makes it easy for most paddlers to get this paddleboard on and off your vehicle without additional help
- Built in carry handle for easy transport to and from the water and an integrated deck pad for comfort and traction
- Complete with FCS Dolphin 10″ Center Fin and included FCS M5 Side-fins
Now that you have seen that, let’s look at each size board in a bit more detail.
Equipped with a balanced rocker profile, smooth outline, and progressive bottom contours, the ACE-TEC SUP Wahine standup paddleboard is an ideal all-around performer for lightweight riders and a high-performance surf SUP for medium-weight riders. The board incorporates BIC Sport’s proprietary ACE-TEC epoxy/ASA thermoformed construction technique, which combines the stiffness, weight, and glide characteristics of traditional epoxy standup construction with a 30-percent increase in ding resistance and durability due to the ASA outer skin.
The board also includes a fully convertible 2+1 FCS fin configuration that allows the rider to optimize performance by matching the fin selection to either surf or flat-water conditions. And riders will love the premium diamond-groove EVA deck pad, which offers comfort and traction while paddling, along with the integrated ergo-grip carrying handle.
The ACE-TEC SUP Wahine comes in a traditional shape, which guarantees excellent stability for beginning paddlers. At the same time, the board’s stiffness and lightweight design help it excel when used by intermediate and advanced paddlers. The paddleboard comes in two sizes.
9′ 6″ Board Specifications
- Length: 9 feet 6 inches
- Width: 28 inches
- Rider capacity: 140 pounds (all-around use); 180 pounds (surfing)
- Volume: 130 liters
- Fin: FCS Dolphin 10 inch; US-Box + M5 side
- Shaper: Peter Pan
- Weight: 23 pounds
10′ 6″ Board Specifications
- Length: 10 feet 6 inches
- Width: 31.5 inches
- Rider capacity: 180 pounds (all-around use); 220 pounds (surfing)
- Volume: 185 liters
- Fin: FCS Dolphin 10 inch
- Shaper: Peter Hosking
- Weight: 26 pounds
The BIC Sport ACE-TEC 9’6 and 10’6 WAHINE Standup paddle boards incorporate BIC Sport’s proprietary ACE-TEC Epoxy/ASA Thermoformed construction technique, giving you the stiffness, weight, and glide characteristics of traditional Epoxy Standup construction with a 30%+ increase in ding resistance and durability due to the ASA outerskin. At 10’6″ x 31.5 x 26# with 185L of floatation, the ACE-TEC 10’6″ is perfect for paddlers of all sizes, especially women and those paddlers under 185#.
At 9’6″ x 28″ x 23# with 130L of floatation, the ACE-TEC 9’6″ is perfect for women and smaller paddlers. The traditional shape gives excellent stability for beginner paddlers, while the stiffness and light weight makes the ACE-TEC Wahine perform great for all paddlers. With an integrated carry handle and only weighing 23-26 pounds, the ACE-TEC Wahine SUP’s are easy to transport. In fact, being so light, it’s not unusual that most paddlers can get this board on and off their vehicle without additional help from anyone else.
There is also an installed deck pad for comfort and traction while paddling. Additionally, there is a built in leash plug and both sizes can be paddled as a single fin or attach the included side-fins for a Tri-fin setup for wave riding. The ACE-TEC Wahine SUP offers all the stiffness and weight benefits of traditional standup paddleboards with the added benefit of over 30% more durability at a very attractive and affordable price.
More BIC Sport ACE-TEC Wahine Stand-Up Paddleboard Reviews
Click the link below to see what other owners are saying about it: